Stellungnahme zum Schwebebahn-Projekt sowie der russischen Projektseite

• Nach Rücksprache mit meinen Co-Admin "Mediziner" sind wir zu dem Entschluss gekommen, das Thema zum Schwebebahn-Projekt vorerst zu schließen und in den internen Teil zu verschieben sowie die Links zur russischen Projektseite zu löschen.

Wieso das ganze?

In letzter Zeit konnten wir vermehrt Urheberverletzung und Bilderleaks der besagten Projektseite feststellen. Da wir leider gerichtlich nicht viel machen können, da die Betreiber in einem Land sitzen, in dem wohl sowas anscheiend geduldet wird, haben wir uns dazu entschlossen endlich zu handeln und dem ganzen Spuk auf anderen Wege dem garaus zu machen.

In Zukunft werden alle Verweise zu Projekte zu dieser russischen Community gelöscht.

Tut mir leid das wir so handeln müssen, aber wir dulden sowas im keinsten Fall!

Gruß Stepke

• It is not primarily about the Schwebebahn mod, but the copy of designs by cim.ru and reuploads of our work without permission. This is not the way fair modding works!

We are currently looking for a solution that does not affect the work of the fair modders over there. What can you do to help us? Talk to your site operator and stand up for a fair play.

• Personally, I did not copy anything from your site. But I can speak with the Administrator for a comfortable addressing this situation. If he will delete all copied from your site files and then come back to us and trust and returns Schwebebahn i hope :|

• Umm... wut? What's the problem? Explain me please, I really don't understand what are you talking.

upd: Uh, it seems, I understand. :D Re-upload your mods... Well, I will delete all german-mods from our site. But at first - some words about it.

We never appropriated authorship and do not violate copyright. As you can see (if you want it see, well) - above all mods our users show authors and link to original mod. Just, well, users, who uploads german mods to our site, thought that it might be useful for russian-speaking players.

I have always believed that modding community - it's territory of freedom and equality. Where all users can, for example, re-upload all mods, if they show who's author of this mods. Between us is the language barrier, so why do we need any more barriers?

But sorry, if I'm wrong.

I ask our users to never re-uploads any german mods.

• Between us is the language barrier, so why do we need any more barriers?

Sadly this is maybe the main Problem :(

I reopened the project thread so the modders have the chance to present their mods here.

To the reuploading-problem: any stuff downloaded here needs explicid permission of the author for reuploading elsewhere. There were several reports of hidden uploads inside the russian forum. A missing report-function makes it hard to get directly in contact with the site owners there.
    Please link to the original downloads here if authors didn't gave permissions. They're free and there is no need for registration :wacko:

• Wenn ich das schon lese... :wacko: :cursing: boargh...

1. Es kennt auch jeder das Russische Urhebergesetze.
    2. Das deutsche ist total veraltet. Dennoch ist es in kraft.

Ich selbst bin auch kein Freund davon, Gesetzt ist nun leider geschrieben. Könnt ich mich zwar drüber aufregen aber was soll's. :tire:
    Und was das Hochladen der Mods angeht... Unverschämtheit aber nicht zu vermeiden wenn etwas öffentlich im Internet landet, aber damit muss man vorher rechnen. Genau so wie Fotos bei Facebook.
    (mit bedacht...)

• Es mag veraltet sein (Urhebergesetz), dennoch kein Grund diese Dateien zu entwenden und selbst zu hosten wenn sie schon frei bei uns zur Verfügung stehen - ein Backlink hätte genügt und alles wäre gut gewesen. Das Hosten auf anderen Seiten und dann noch Beschreibungstexte in kyrillischen Zeichen, ist nicht wirklich Sinn und Zweck der Sache. Viele Autoren stecken viel Herzblut rein und wählen bewusst nur eine Plattform zum hosten um immer die neuste Version ihres Projektes anbieten zu können. Durch das "Fremdhosten" verlieren sie den Einfluss auf ihre Dateien und können sich dann anhören das bestimmte Dinge eventuell nicht funktionieren weil diese völlig veraltet sind oder Bugs enthalten.

Qualität erfordert eben auch das durchsetzen bestimmter Nutzungs- und Urheberrechte um einen Überblick über seine Daten zu behalten - uns ist jeder Content Creator wichtig der Dateien bei uns anbietet und wollen diese definitiv nicht verschrecken weil irgendein dahergelaufener Admin meint, diese Dateien auch auf seiner Plattform anbieten zu müssen ohne mal zu fragen ob er es darf. Lizenzen gibt es nicht ohne Grund ;)

• Vollkommen richtig. Ich möchte meine Sachen auch nicht irgendwo anders zum Download bereit stehen sehen, wenn ich nicht mal gefragt wurde.

To tell the truth, it's difficult for me to understand your point of view on this subject. Supposedly every person creating a mod or a map wishes that it will be downloaded by hundrers or even thousands of players. And it doesn't matter where this players live - in Germany, in Russia or even in Africa, for example. And if some players wish to upload your file to another site where their native language is used in description of the files which will help other players to understand information about them (mentioning that you are the author of the file and the link to it's original site, of course) it only means that you have created something really decent and interesting. It means that you and your files become popular worldwide :) So, I would be only happy and proud if someone decided to upload my files here or on cimexchange.com, for example.

• Das Problem ist, dass der Modder das Recht hat, darüber zu entscheiden, wem sein Mod wo zugänglich sein sollte. Den Mod irgendwo ohne Zustimmung des Modders oder sogar ohne Nennung des Modders zu veröffentlichen bedeutet, ihn dieses Rechts zu berauben. Ich denke, die meisten Leute hier haben ihr Problem nicht mit der Veröffentlichung auf Cim.ru, sondern mit der Veröffentlichung ohne Erlaubnis.

The problem is that the creator of the mod has the right to decide where and to who his mod should be published. Publishing the mod somewhere else without permission or even without telling who the original creator was means robbing the creator of his right. I think most modders have their problem not with publishing the mod on cim.ru but with publishing it without permission.

Der Staatshaushalt muss ausgeglichen sein. Die öffentlichen Schulden müssen verringert werden. Die Arroganz der Behörden muss gemäßigt und kontrolliert werden. Die Zahlungen an ausländische Regierungen müssen reduziert werden, wenn der Staat nicht bankrott gehen will.
    (Cicero, röm. Politiker, 106 v.u.Z.-43 v.u.Z.)

• Hi, I'm user of russian forum, devoted to CIM. I want to ask moderators from this source "have you read this?":

above all mods our users show authors and link to original mod.

I also want to show you the post from russian forum:

"Замечу, что никакого нарушения авторских прав не было, так как я лично прошу всех указывать авторов модификации, а также ссылку на источник".

"I want to notice, that there was no violation of copyright, because I personally ask everyone to post mod's authors and link to the source".

Also I want to show you your registration rules:

"Die Registrierung und Benutzung der Website »Cities in Motion - Fanpage« ist völlig kostenlos. Sie müssen jedoch die hier genannten Regeln und Erklärungen anerkennen.

Die Administratoren und Moderatoren der Website »Cities in Motion - Fanpage« versuchen, unerwünschte Beiträge von dieser Website fernzuhalten, es ist jedoch unmöglich, alle Inhalte manuell zu überprüfen. Alle Beiträge drücken ausschließlich die Ansichten der Autoren selbst aus. Die Eigentümer der Website »Cities in Motion - Fanpage« oder die WoltLab GmbH (Entwickler der verwendeten Software) können nicht für den Inhalt einzelner Beiträge verantwortlich gemacht werden.

Mit dem Vollenden der Registrierung erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, diese Website nicht für Obszönitäten, Vulgäres, Beleidigungen, Propaganda, (extreme) politische Ansichten oder (verbale) Verstöße gegen das Gesetz zu missbrauchen.

Beiträge und Benutzerkonten können durch Moderatoren und Administratoren dieser Website, u.a. aus Gründen des Verstoßes gegen die guten Sitten, ohne weitere Begründung editiert oder gelöscht werden.

Viel Spaß beim Nutzen der Website »Cities in Motion - Fanpage«!"

Where is at least one word about copyright?

You do not even show the real cases of your claimes.

So, you just wrote something like "We are unhappy with russians! What a pity, that we can not go to court!" without any logic, without any facts, without anything at all.

That's not how it all must be done. It's a pity that administration allows itself to behave that way. I'm really upset with this.

• Copyright is valid even if you don't mention it explicitely. If the modder doesn't allow re-uploading, it is forbidden. I do not know which mods have been re-uploaded, but from what I know most modders here don't give explicit permission to re-upload their mods and so re-uploading is not allowed, even if the original source is given. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Das Urheberrecht gilt immer, auch wenn man nicht ausdrücklich darauf hinweist. Wenn der Autor Re-Uploads nicht ausdrücklich erlaubt, ist es verboten. Ich weiß nicht, welche Mods jetzt genau woanders hochgeladen wurden, aber nach meinen Beobachtungen geben die meisten Autoren hier auf Cim.net nicht ausdrücklich ihre Erlaubnis und damit sind Re-Uploads verboten, selbst wenn man die Originalquelle mit angibt. (Berichtigt mich, wenn ich mich irre)

Der Staatshaushalt muss ausgeglichen sein. Die öffentlichen Schulden müssen verringert werden. Die Arroganz der Behörden muss gemäßigt und kontrolliert werden. Die Zahlungen an ausländische Regierungen müssen reduziert werden, wenn der Staat nicht bankrott gehen will.

• Where is at least one word about copyright?

Copyright is a law, it does not have to be mentioned explicitly.

The important Paragraphs here are:
    § 12 Publication law: The author has the right to decide if and how to publish his work.
    § 16: The author has the only right to exploit his work, notably as follows:
    § 17: The distribution law, giving the author the right to distribute the original or a copy of his work to the public.

So copyright has nothing to do with this website in particular!

Of course most modders are grateful when their mods are distributed. However, they should be asked and at least there should be a link to the modder or the original publication.
    And if the modder does not want the mod to be distributed outside of the intended website, it is his right to force the other distributors to stop distributing it.
    The core point here is that you can not distribute it without asking for permission. If you ask and are allowed by the creator, then there is nothing wrong about distributing a nice mod.

After all, it is simply nice and a sign of good manners to ask a creator before distributing something without his consent.

• Das Problem ist, dass der Modder das Recht hat, darüber zu entscheiden, wem sein Mod wo zugänglich sein sollte. Den Mod irgendwo ohne Zustimmung des Modders oder sogar ohne Nennung des Modders zu veröffentlichen bedeutet, ihn dieses Rechts zu berauben. Ich denke, die meisten Leute hier haben ihr Problem nicht mit der Veröffentlichung auf Cim.ru, sondern mit der Veröffentlichung ohne Erlaubnis.

The problem is that the creator of the mod has the right to decide where and to who his mod should be published. Publishing the mod somewhere else without permission or even without telling who the original creator was means robbing the creator of his right. I think most modders have their problem not with publishing the mod on cim.ru but with publishing it without permission.

Das Problem ist, dass der Modder das Recht hat, darüber zu entscheiden, wem sein Mod wo zugänglich sein sollte. Den Mod irgendwo ohne Zustimmung des Modders oder sogar ohne Nennung des Modders zu veröffentlichen bedeutet, ihn dieses Rechts zu berauben. Ich denke, die meisten Leute hier haben ihr Problem nicht mit der Veröffentlichung auf Cim.ru, sondern mit der Veröffentlichung ohne Erlaubnis.

Yes I unsderstand what do you mean. But being also a member of cim.ru I may ensure you that there were NO files uploaded form citiesinmotion.net or cimexchange.com for example, where their authors and links to the original destination weren't stated (I'm a witness :) ) because administration of cim.ru requires this information if you aren't the author of the file uploaded. In the description of such files 3 persons are always stated: the author of the file, the person who have uploaded it and the person who have approved it (a moderator or the administrator). So I believe that the problem is a little bit exaggerated and was caused by the language barrier which prevents us from clear understanding of what was really written in the desacription of the files mentioned.
    And I may also add that although I'm a member here I hadn't know about that excellent mods untill they were uploaded on cim.ru as I don't know German well enough but reading it's description in Russian I understood that they were really useful and good ones and downloaded them all. That's why I think that the problem may be reconsidered.

• But being also a member of cim.ru I may ensure you that there were NO files uploaded form citiesinmotion.net or cimexchange.com for example, where their authors and links to the original destination weren't stated

It is not enough to state the original author, you need explicit permission from the author. You must be able to show that the original author at some time said something like 'I'm okay with my mods beeing uploaded elsewhere'.

I'm not saying anyone did something against the copyright, I just have the feeling that there are some misconceptions in this thread.

• So if to sum up everithing which have been said in this topic we may draw such a conclusion:
    The problem was not in violation of copyright but in the fact that some citiesinmotion.net modders don't wish their files to be distribtuted without their direct permission and lack of understanding of this fact by cim.ru members because of the language barrier. To solve the problem and to make it easier to exchange the files between the members of our sites I propose the modders from citiesinmotion.net who wish their mods to be enjoyed by players in other countries write about it and give their permission on distribution of their files in this topic. And vise versae those who don't wish their files to be distributed elsewhere except citiesinmotion.net write about it here too. I also propose cim.ru modders who have their accounts here to do the same.It will solve the problem and everybody will know whose files are agreed for distribution and whose aren't. It's so simply :)

• Re-Oploading without direct permission is a violation of copyright, but you are basically right.

• Wenn es um die Sprachdateien geht (ru.string), so kann man doch auf den Originaldownload verlinken und nur diese string anbieten. Das sollte möglich sein. Da wir ja zumeist nur die de. + en_US.string im Gepäck haben.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!