[English] Cities in Motion 2 Interactive Guide

• Hi!

I heard English posts are welcome here, so here I am. If its wrong place I'm sorry, feel free to delete the thread.

I made an Interactive Guide for CiM 2 and just want to share the link. The guide is obviously in english as well. If someone wants to translate, I will be happy to remake it in german.

Feedback is very welcome.

• Change log of first update:

- Removed Basset-Lowke hoster. It was designed at first to guide through the entire tutorial but at the end he only appeared in the first slide.
    - Corrected answer for question about zones 3.1.
    - Correct the text in Zones. One zone do have monthly option. The only ticket without monthly option is Single ticket.
    - Corrected keys for 45 degrees change. Not Q and E but Left and Right arrows. As the game does not have an option Reset to default, I'm not sure about those. Please report me if I'm wrong again.
    - Removed Employees description, that was the same as reputation.
    - Added that drivers satisfaction decrease with crowded vehicles.
    - Added that buses overtake other buses if they are from different lines.
    - Added the information that roads with sidewalks don't grow buildings if the area is set to not grow buildings in the map editor.
    - Added the information that a vehicle will be sent to its schedule even if its late, but not too late.
    - Added the information that 2 circular lines in the opposite direction will make the game understand the area has better coverage. Which is true since this design offers more efficient routes.
    - Corrected that lines should start and end in the SAME depot.
    - Added the information that you can bulldoze a small segment of a road by adding intersection at the start and at the end of the part you want to bulldoze.
    - Corrected wrong font in several pages.

• Yes, correct. I'm trying to use the online version of the interactive guide and replace the actual pictures!

Step 1: Replace old pictures
    Step 2: Translate

Frage: Hat mal jemand eine Übersetzung für "linear lines"? Also als Gegenteil zu Ringlinien.

• Die Übersetzung ist jetzt vollständig, soweit ich das sehe, teilweise auch an die neue Version angepasst. Ich hätte nicht gedacht, dass das so schnell geht.

###

We're finished with the translation. It's already the new version.

• Thanks! That was very fast. I will start translating the guide now. I will need one more thing: Interactive timetables, item 2.8. If someone could translate the subtitles, I will put that into TTS german, and we have the voice in German as well.

P.S.: Im afraid I have very bad news. I unintentionally deleted the source file of the guide. I already used 3 different programs to recover deleted files with no luck.

I will need to re-do the entire guide to put the German version alive. I'm sorry for those who put an effort to translated it. I will re make the guide, because I want to continue updating and add a new section for the Map Editor, but I can't promise it will be soon. There is a lot less motivation when you are doing a re-work. :(

• Hi,

Finally I remade the entire guide and I'm releasing the source files in order to avoid any future loses.
    The new version contain several fixes in grammar mistakes and some text where updated others removed.

If you could translate it using the source files, that would be great.

Use Articulate Storyline software to translate.

Options:

- Flash
    - HTML5 (Safari and mobile support)
    - Mobile
    - Source Files

============================= IMPORTANT Information about the use of the Source Files =============================
    The guide is being released under copyleftlicense. Still I ask you to not go publishing guides with small modifications. Ask me first and I will include your suggestions in the main guide, otherwise we will end up with a mess of several different versions.
    The main reason for releasing the source files is to make people be able to translate the entire guide, easily, to any language.
    But feel free to make your own version of the guide if you think its necessary.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!