Year Zero Program

• Hello everyone :P
    I wrote YEARZERO.EXE and published it on youtube, however earlier this year I withdrew it because it needed updating.
    Unfortunately I also removed it from my Archives after completing the updated version which is integrated into a general utilities program that is nearing completion - see elsewhere on this forum.
    This program changes ALL objdata vehicles "designed" variable values to 0 value.
    Speedy -Reference your statement "Aber nicht aber dem Jahr 0. " - This is incorrect as you can see. ;( :P
    What this means is that whatever the start year of the Scenario say for example 1930 ALL vehicles will have a auto design year of 1930 if they have had thier desisigned year set to 0.
    Any vehicles whose original design year was say 1960, 1970,1980 will be avaiable from start of scenario. A fantastic experiance and loads of fun - I assure you all!
    I first wrote this program for myself in 2007.
    For those of you who can use locotool here is what you can do to test it out on any vehicle:-
    Open the xml and put 0000 {four zeros} for the designed value.
    Change the 'obsolete' variable value to 65535. If not already done.
    change the 'reliability' variable to 0. If not already done.
    then simply recode the xml using locotool and when you play your scenario you will have acces to the vehicle straight away.
    If you intend doing this for all vehicles then it may take a little time by hand ;( . :P:P

• Speedy: Hi Speedy! Thank you for your answer, I do have the locotool wrapper, and it works perfect. But I also want to change the design year to 0, wich can be done in lovemylomo's program. Year 0. I will not change them by hand, I don't know if I can stand it.

Lovemylomo: Hi lovemylomo! Thank you ver much for your answer. As I know you did wrote the year 0 program, but deleted by mistake from your system, wich was a crying shame ;( Let's just hope someone has got a copy of it and that this will make that someone to contact us! :D

• Hi Locofreak :P
    You are most welcome.
    Let us hope someone responds from tt-forums,this fanpage or youtube.
    I am glad you are enjoying reading through the history of the development of Locotool by J Drexler on the tt-fanpage site under his pen name patchman.
    As I said, It does make excellent reading and gives an insight into it's purpose of design and construction and usage.
    BTW - Here is something to try when you are next on tt-forums and that particular thread...
    Click on your browsers page refresh button and you should see the fixed and animated avatar change (about 8 changes in all). :volldolllol

J Drexler - another hero for the ordinery lcomotion player. :sensationell

• Hi,

Speedy -Reference your statement "Aber nicht aber dem Jahr 0. " - This is incorrect as you can see.
    What this means is that whatever the start year of the Scenario say for example 1930 ALL vehicles will have a auto design year of 1930 if they have had thier desisigned year set to 0.

Also, soweit ich weiß setzt Locotool Wrapper das letzte Baujahr der Fahrzeuge auf 65535, nicht aber das Startjahr. Man muss das selbst machen mit Locotool Old. dann funktioniert es.

• Hi Speedy :P
    Your reference to Locotool Old is a misnomer.
    There is no locotool Old .
    I do appreciate this phrase 'locotool old' is often used.
    I and many others would like to know what is Locotool New and who is it's author?
    J Drexler developed locotool during Sept 2004 and Nov 2004 the first 3 months of Locomotion's birth.
    During Nov 2004 J Drexler produced the latest version.
    There are many programs such as:-
    1 locotool-frontend
    2 locobrowser
    3 locobrowser2
    4 locobrowser25
    5 locowrapper
    None of these programs were written by J Drexler
    but each of the above has to call upon J Drexlers's Locotool.

J Drexlers locotool is not 'old'.
    IT IS current and IT IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS, IT IS WHOLSOME and FRESH and AS BRILLIANT AS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN.
    A BIT OF HISTORY for newish members:-
    Forum members may recall that Christmas day /Boxing Day 2008 some DATS were introduced as a christmas gift with the 4th byte hex vale set to a value other than HEX 11.
    The presenter invited members to dissasemble it if they wished - not aware that I for one knew of the 4th Byte value and it's effect and this information was in the public domain.
    This hex code prevented users using any of the above software to dissassemble those dats because locotool reported them as not a dat.
    I and many other members found this most annoying ....
    HENCE my giving birth to CHECKHEX.EXE (T'was painfull but quick).
    A tiny program making a big change.
    It is on this fanpage only - I felt that it was right that fanpage members should be given it as a free gift. :P:P

Speedy
    As mentioned in my PM I have some private e-mails centered around those times and will send copy's to stepke for his information and consideration.

Kommentar von Speedy: da das geklärt ist, ist hier Schluss.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!